I'm getting ready to move to another apartment and here and there I pack some of my stuff away.
So, last month I bought this ensemble of a Kiddush arrangement from my local second hand store that just doesn't seize to make me smile. It was wrapped as brand new and my first reaction when I held it up was..."..whh..whh...what is it?"
Turns out it's like a little science-lab-fest each time. SOLD!
So here's how it works:
1) The wine is poured into the cup and the Friday blessing is said.
2) The wine is then poured into the top of the...tower? assemblage? apparatus? phenomenon?...or thingy where there are small gaps that allow the wine to flow into the little canals on the sides.
3) BEHOLD! The holy wine is equally divided into 8 equal portions, as it slides down the canals before our very eyes!
4) L'chaim! (Btw. one can get very very very drunk by playing with this!)
- swap the wine with whiskey
- If you got a kid under the age of 6 you could test Piaget's theory of conservation just for fun!